Gel Plate Printmaking- The Basics Workshop
NOTE: This class is managed in a Private Facebook Group and the Classes are on YouTube
Making prints with a Gel Plate is one of the most fun and fulfilling forms of expressing your creativity! Join Vicki in this Four Week workshop where she will explore the wonderful world of printmaking with a gel plate.
Workshop starts on Monday July 19th at 6:30pm ET and will run every Monday and Thursday for 4 weeks.
Each week Vicki will go LIVE with TWO lessons. This is a great way for students to interact and ask questions. There will be demos, discussion and the best part...practice and play! The lessons will be recorded if you can't watch LIVE.
A private Facebook Group will be available to reinforce the "community" of art making, a place to ask questions and share your art.
Week One: July 19th and July 22nd
- The Basics- Tools, Materials & Pulling a Good Print
- Playing with Color- Understanding and Mixing Color
Week Two: July 26th and July 29th
Week Three: August 2nd and Aug 5th
- Building Layers
- Patterns & Composition
Week Four: Aug 9th and Aug 12th
- Found Objects
- Making Projects with Prints
- 8x10 Gel Plate
- Bayer…or two
- Acrylic Paints (Liquitex Basics, Artist Loft (Michaels’ Brand, Deco Art, etc)- A good variety of colors
- White Acrylic Paint- We will use this often- You want a good quality white paint…I use Liquitex Basics opaue
- Lots of paper- 8 ½” x 11”- better quality “printer” /copy paper, tissue paper, cardstock, deli paper (Amazon), book paper (dictionary, books from Goodwill, sheet music), kraft, black cardstock, tags
- Hand sanitizer
- Craft mat
- Found objects - will be discussed
- Paper Towels, a rag- stuff for clean up
- A notebook
Fun to have-
- Metallic paints- I will use my VB Creative FX Glazes- Gold, Silver and Iridescent
- Cut Files- if you have an electronic cutting machine- we will discuss using these
Please Make note of Your Order Number- a private Facebook Group is set up and you will need your order # to access it.
Group name- Vicki Boutin Gel Plate Printingmaking Basics